NANORIGO (NANOtechnology RIsk GOvernance) is a European project tasked with developing a Risk Governance Framework (NRGF) and Risk Governance Council (NRGC) for manufactured nanomaterials and nano-enabled products. The project is funded by the EU’s Horizon 2020 programme and involves 28 partners across Europe, including EPFL.
The overall objectives of the NANORIGO project are to:
- develop and apply criteria for risk evaluation, acceptance and transfer
- build decision-making tools to facilitate risk communication
- establish the RGF and RGC on a multistakeholder, transdisciplinary, science-based and sustainable basis
- facilitate the availability of high-quality data for decision making
- ensure consistency of approach across all EU member states and internationally
IRGC is providing core principles for the development of the RGF, and leading the work on establishing the RGC. We bring to the NANORIGO project our long-standing expertise in international risk governance, as well as direct access to complementary expertise and best practices in various other technology sectors that are of relevance to the field of nanotechnology.
- Click here for more information about the NANORIGO project